There a few simple reasons why SalesWings data may not sync to Salesforce.
Firstly, keep in mind that SalesWings:
- Does only sync SalesWings data to existing Salesforce contacts or leads
- Does not create new contacts or leads
- Takes between 5 to 15 minutes to update data inside Salesforce
- Requires an assigned licence in Salesforce to see data
- Requires an active SalesWings account to see data
- Requires you to add SalesWings fields, Visualforce frames, and related lists to your lead, contact, and account layouts
Therefore, to sync any data to Salesforce, you need to already have a lead or contact in Salesforce with the same email address which is tracked SalesWings.
When looking for tracking data in Salesforce, make sure to always check the lead records, and contact records
1) Update to the latest Salesforce Package
- Make sure you have the latest version installed by trying to reinstall the latest version here: https://www.saleswingsapp.com/sfdc-package/
- If there is a newer version, make sure to update it and have a look at the release notes for details
- Go to the Salesforce tab called "SalesWings Setup" and start the sync, and see the problem persists.
- If you are already on the latest version continue below
You are already on the latest Salesforce package?
2) Did you install all fields in Salesforce correctly?
Follow this guide to make sure that all the Salesforce fields have been installed correctly.
3) Giving your team the right access
Salesforce offers different lead / contact layouts for different roles, typically sales, marketing, support etc.
Make sure that you configure the Saleswings fields on the right layouts so that your users can see the data.
4) Licence Management correctly configured?
- Do you have an active SalesWings licence? An active SalesWings licence is required for each Salesforce user who wishes to see Saleswings data inside Salesforce. You can add new users from team management in your settings
- Make sure that your Salesforce users use the same email address for their SalesWings account for us to be able to sync lead / contact ownership
- Make sure to assign to SalesWings licences to Salesforce users as per this video
5) Make sure your the sync is active
- Go to your SalesWings settings in the SalesWings tab
2. Open the Salesforce section
3) Check if there is an active API token
> Go to Salesforce, and open the SalesWings tab
- Make sure the SalesWings API token is entered where it says "API Token"; if not, enter it there, and the click "Resume Sync"
- Make sure that the sync is running, if not, click "Resume Sync"
- If the sync was already running, then click "Pause Sync", wait for 10 seconds, and then click "Resume Sync".
Next wait 5 - 15 minutes, and then check a contact or lead again which is tracked
- Within the SalesWings settings, click "generate new API Token"
- Copy the API Token
- Go to Salesforce, and open the SalesWings tab (see image)
- If you have an API Token already there, then click "unlink account", reenter the new API Token, and click "Resume Sync"
- If there is no token yet, enter the new API Token, and click "Resume Sync"
- Wait for 5 - 15 minutes, and then check again.
Was this helpful?
If not, kindly send us an email here if you need help with the set up (firstname.lastname@example.org)