To sync your SalesWings data in real-time to Marketing Cloud data extensions, and use it in journey builder to create more timely and personal customer experiences, you need to follow 4 simple steps.
Step I: Establishing connection and sync
Establish connection, data extensions, and push existing SalesWings data to Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Open https://mc.exacttarget.com and login, if prompted.
If your account has multiple business units, ensure that you are currently in the Parent Business Unit by selecting it from the Business Unit menu. If you are unsure which is the Parent Business Unit, select the 'view hierarchy' link.
3. Select Setup from the Settings menu. Contact your Marketing Cloud Administrator if you do not have access to this menu option.
4. Expand the Apps section in Platform Tools from the Setup menu and select 'Installed Packages'.
5. Click the 'New' button in the top right corner
6. Enter the name 'SalesWings B2B Studio' in the New Package Details dialog box and optionally add a description, then click 'Save'.
7. Select the 'Add Component' button in the Components panel.
8. In the Add Component dialog box, ensure the 'API Integration' radio button is selected and click 'Next'.
9. Select the 'Server-to-server' radio button and click 'Next'.
10. In the modal window, select the following checkboxes:
Contacts > List and Subscribers > Select:
Data > Data Extensions > Select:
12. Visit your SalesWings Settings Page and go to the "Marketing Cloud Integration" tab
>> If you cannot see the Marketing Cloud tab, contact us at email@example.com
13. Click "Manage Marketing Cloud Connection"
14. Navigate back to the browser tab of the Installed Marketing Cloud Package (in Marketing Cloud)
17. Copy the Client Id value from the API Integration section
18. Navigate back to the browser window or tab with the SalesWings Integration page and paste the value from your clipboard in the ClientId field
19. Navigate back to the browser window or tab of the Installed Package and copy the Client Secret value
20. Navigate back to the browser window or tab with the SalesWings Integration page and paste the value from your clipboard in the Client Secret field
21. Navigate back to the browser window or tab of the Installed Package and click the copy icon next to the Authentication Base URI to copy the value to your clipboard
22. Navigate back to the browser window or tab with the SalesWings Integration page and paste the value from your clipboard in the Auth URL field
23. Click 'Connect and Transfer Saleswings Data'
wait for 5 seconds to make sure that there is no error
you can then close the window
24. Navigate back to the browser window or tab of the Installed Package and select Email from the Email Studio menu
25. Select 'Data Extensions' from the Subscribers menu — the created Data Extensions should appear in the root level Data Extension folder. You should see 4 data-extensions and the records contained will grow for the next hour or more, depending upon how many records you have.
💡Tip> You can type SW in the search, and all Saleswings data extensions will show up
🎉Congratulations! All existing SalesWings data was pushed to the data extensions, and future lead activity and data will be pushed in real-time over to Marketing Cloud.
Step II: Connecting our data to Contact Builder
Connect the SalesWings data extensions to Contact Builder
Before you can use our data in the Marketing Cloud journey builder and the other tools in Marketing Cloud, you need to connect our data extensions to your contacts.
Step III: Identify leads via clicks in Marketing Cloud emails
The best way to identify leads via clicks in Marketing Cloud emails is to hard code the SalesWings tracking snippet within Marketing Cloud.
Marketing Cloud allows you to hard code query parameters which should be automatically added to all URLs in campaigns. Please follow below guide, or contact your Marketing Cloud service provider for more details.
In Marketing Cloud Setup, navigate to Data Management, and click Parameter Management.
Expand a string to view the parameters it consists of.
To make a string available and editable, click Activate.
Click Edit next to the string you want to add or edit the parameters for.
Type one or more parameters or parameter values. If applicable, select a parameter value from a dropdown.
Save the parameter.
The SaleWings query parameter is: (?)id_mc
The Marketing Cloud subscriber ID variable tag is: %%subscriberid%%
A correct link could be: www.your-website.com?id_mc=%%subscriberid%%
Step IV: Add SalesWings tracking to Salesforce Marketing Cloud Cloud Pages
Follow these instructions to add the SalesWings tracking code to your Salesforce Marketing Cloud Cloud Pages.
Step V: Use the data in your journeys
The below video provides an introduction to personalization both for marketers and sales reps, our concept (data collection > profiling & tagging > data activation in SF tools), followed by a demo around how our data can be used to personalize emails and help sales people. Check out our other guides for more ideas on how to personalize your Salesforce Marketing Cloud journeys with SalesWings.