Through our custom events tracking, you can track many different interactions of your leads on your website such as video views, downloads, PDF's, or how they reach your website and more.
You can use this data to
- Provide your sales rep with an automated list / report of leads who have engaged in a campaign (UTM's)
- To score leads who engage with a campaign
- To segment leads, who engage with a campaign or come from a source (with tags)
- To trigger alerts when a lead visits, coming from a specific campaign / source
There are 2 ways to track referral source and attribution:
(1) Using UTM codes to track attribution and source of traffic
You can use UTM codes in links that you use to attracts leads to understand how they came to your website. Whether it's links you use in newsletters, online ads, blog posts or more, you can then use our automation solution to tag, segment, or trigger actions based on the UTM codes in your links. Not sure what UTM codes are?
(2) You can use "custom events" to track sources of traffic
You can also track where leads are coming from to your website, even if you don't use UTM codes. For example, when they come through Google, Quora, or LinkedIn. Please refer to our guide "How to track custom events" for more details