You are about power up your Salesforce setup with the industry's leading lead intelligence solution.
We recommend watching our 3 step video series for a perfect setup!
Getting up and running with our Salesforce CRM integration
Part 1/3 - First Steps (8 minutes)
First you need to make the connection between SalesWings and Salesforce, before you can see and work with data.
Watch this first video to get the first steps right - you'll see, it's easy!
- Initial connection to Salesforce and package installation
- Licence management in Salesforce
- Establishing the sync
(All you need to know for step 1 is covered in above video)
A) Establishing API connection (optional):
A Salesforce Administrator needs to first connect SalesWings to the API - once for the entire SalesWings account.
This will make sure that SalesWings looks up the Salesforce lead, contact or person account owners, and assign the leads in SalesWings to the right person - to notify the right person about interested lead activity. Furthermore, this will provide a direct link to the Salesforce record!
- This is optional and not necessary for the core of our integration
- This requires the Salesforce Enterprise plan with API access, or any other Salesforce plan with API access.
- A Salesforce Administrator with access to ALL leads, contacts and person accounts needs to connect to the API
- Only 1 Salesforce Administrator has to do this, for the entire organization
- SalesWings will only accept lead, contact or person account owners who have an active SalesWings licence with the same email address as the Salesforce user account. Otherwise SalesWings will ignore the Salesforce owner and leave the SalesWings lead assigned to the current owner.
>> If you're a Salesforce Administrator, go now to your SalesWings settings to do so: Settings
B) Install the Salesforce installation package
A Salesforce Administrator needs to run the installation of our Salesforce managed package.
The installation packaged will do the following:
- Install all required required custom fields, objects, relationships that are required
- Allow you to establish the connection to SalesWings, and sync
- Manage the user licences assignment
What is good to know:
- The installation only takes about 5 minutes
- Future updates need to be installed manually; watch out for email updates
- Without an assigned SalesWings licence in Salesforce, your team will not be able to see any data or fields (do this after the installation)
- A Salesforce Administrator needs to install it
- After the installation, watch Part 2/3 of the video series, before configuring layouts etc.
- Here's a list of all the Salesforce fields which are installed by our package:
Optional: Install the package on a Sandbox.
If you need to install the SalesWings for Salesforce package on a Sandbox, but you require Production data, you can install the sandbox package and sync only recent data in a way it wont alter with the production package.
Here is how to configure the package on a Sandbox environment to have sample production data:
- Install the Sandbox package available here
- Go to Setup and look for Custom Settings in the Quick Find box
- Click on Manage next to SalesWings Options
- Modify the EndpointBaseOverride to "https://go.saleswingsapp.com/test/v1/"
Part 2/3 - Understand possibilities (14 minutes)
Share this video with your sales, marketing and project team!
Before configuring your layouts and views, watch this second video to understand all the power that SalesWings can bring to your team - enjoy!
- See SalesWings in action!
- Discover examples, ideas, inspiration
- Understand the SalesWings power and data
Make sure that relevant people in your sales and marketing team watch this video as well. This way, they will be able to tell how they work in Salesforce today and what SalesWings data that they would like to use.
Part 3/3 - Configure your Salesforce Org (29 minutes)
Make sure to understand how your sales team is working today, in order to configure the right layouts, views, and reports. Watch and share video 2 with your team, so that they can share their wishes with you before you start with the configuration.
This video will cover:
- How to add fields to lead / contact / account layouts, views, reports
- Detailed "How to" of administration jobs
- Dashboard and its possibilities
(All you need to know for step 3 is covered in above video)
We sure hope this was helpful, and always appreciate feedback!
Kindly chat send us an email here if you need help with the set up: firstname.lastname@example.org