You can disable or enable the synchronization of each individual lead and contact activity to a dedicated custom object
What is it?
SalesWings can sync each single lead and contact activity to a pre-installed custom object called "SalesWings Page Visit (Website_Visit__c) - custom".
The goal is twofold:
Salesforce reporting around leads and contacts. This is not best practice but can be required in edge cases, subject to your reporting goals. But most clients will report around "tags".
Showing individual lead and contact activity as sales insights on the Salesforce mobile and ipad apps. If your sales reps are regularly in the field and consulting leads and contacts in the apps, the individual activities can be attached to the lead and contact layout in a related list, as shown below. If your reps are mostly working inside, this is not required as the sales insights are shown in a Visualforce frame.
When to disable the page visits & activities synchronization?
Disabling the sync will have a positive impact on the overall sync performance. If your reps are mostly working inside, this is not required as the sales insights are shown in a Visualforce frame, visible on a desktop computer.
Why enable the page visits & activities?
If your sales reps are regularly in the field and consulting leads and contacts in the apps, the individual activities can be attached to the lead and contact layout in a related list, as shown above.
>> Your Salesforce admin must add the related list named "Page visits" to the lead and contact layouts to be visible to the reps.
How to enable / disable the synchronization?
1) Reach out to us in order to enable this for our organization server-side. Disable/enable on the server stops or starts including page visits data in the sync dataset.
2) Go to the "Salesforce setup"
3) Search for custom settings, and click on "manage" next to "SalesWings Options"
4) Enable / disable the sync and save. Disable/enable in Salesforce stops or starts processing page visits data. Disabling it in Salesforce will stop processing and propagating page visits to Leads/Contacts.
5) Edit associated user's setting to match the Disable Page Visit sync value
6) Delete the personalized settings to ensure the sync will be using the new default value
7) Wait for the next full sync (24 hours) and see if the page visit data is now propagating